Overnight Support Worker
Job no: 493622
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Lower South Metro
Categories: Support Worker
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Services we offer include accommodation, employment, training and education, short-term accommodation, and community. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. Today, we support over 2,000 individuals and their families across WA.
About the job
We require a full time overnight support worker for shared supported accommodation services to be based in Waikiki . The roster pattern is for 70 hours a fortnight.The roster pattern:
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
Monday and Tuesday
- Delivering a wide range of domestic supports within a customer’s residence
- Apply person-centred plans to meet a customer’s goals
- Apply positive behaviour support plans
- Customer administration duties and reporting
What you will need
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Experience in developing and delivering behavioural support plans for our customers
- Experience working with challenging behaviours
- Previous experience with manual handling and medication administration
- Certificate III in disabilities, individual support, aged care, mental health or higher is essential
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
Activ reserves the right to remove advertising and/or commence the selection process prior to the application close date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend