Job no: 493571
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: North East Metro
Categories: Operations Management
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia registered under the NDIS. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. We are seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting our customers to achieve their goals. We want leading experts to use their skills to help enrich the lives of our customers and society as a whole.
About this job
In this front line management position within community services, you will take a hands-on approach to setting and delivering customer plans (person-centred planning), developing positive relationships with the people we support and those around them, coordinating staff rosters and schedules, managing budgets and set allocation achievements, coaching and mentoring staff and developing partnerships within the community.
Key duties include:
- Developing and implementing individual plans for people with a disability (Person Centred Planning);
- Leading a large team of support workers to ensure our customers meet the goals they set out to achieve;
- Understanding and meeting the requirements of the Disability Service Standards, Safety, Quality and Safeguarding frameworks;
- Managing budgets, monitoring expenditure and contributing to the financial performance for your area;
- Ensuring high standards of quality control and compliance throughout all areas of Activ are adhered to;
- Participating in after hours on call (based on a roster system);
- Developing partnerships and networks within the community.
What you need;
- A commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers;
- Demonstrated experience with advanced budgeting and finance procedures is essential;
- An understanding of NDIS is desirable;
- Proven experience in leadership, supervision, development and support of a large team of staff is essential;
- Proven ability to manage multiple rosters;
- You will be deadline driven and able to multi task;
- Strong conflict resolution skills and problem solving will be required;
- Excellent administration skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Willingness to use your private vehicle (aligned with Activ’s motor vehicle allowance rebate).
What we offer:
- Full induction with training options available
- Up to $16,000 per annum tax free
- Discounted health cover
The ability to work autonomously, unsupervised and as part of a team is vital to your success in this role. A Frontline Management or similar experience, experience with budgeting & finance procedures, a current WA driver’s licence and the ability to obtain a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children card will ensure your suitability.
We take a “person-centred” approach to recruitment by encouraging our customers to be involved in the hiring process. To apply, please select the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your resume and covering letter. We look forward to receiving your application.
To deliver the best service for our customers we strive toward a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we support. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Activ may remove advertising and/or commence the recruitment process prior to the application close date of 27 November 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend