Job no: 493567
Work type: Casual, Permanent Part Time
Categories: Support Worker
- Permanent Part Time and Casual roles available
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia registered under the NDIS. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. We are seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting our customers to achieve their goals. We want leading experts to use their skills to help enrich the lives of our customers and society as a whole.
About the job
The Accommodation and Community Services team supports people living with disability through accommodation and community engagement. We offer individualised and person-centred supports by working alongside our customers to support them to reach their full potential and make a difference to the lives of people living with disabilities.
Our Customers are all very individual and have varying needs. You will need to be prepared to support customers with personal care, going to medical appointments and any Community activities such as various sports, walking and fishing. You will also be integral in teaching these individuals life skills.
Key duties include:
- Delivering a wide range of domestic support;
- Supporting customer to engage in community-based activities including social events, volunteering and arts;
- Support person-centred plans that align with a customer’s life goals;
- Ensuring positive behaviour support plans are followed;
- Administration duties and mandatory daily reporting.
What you need:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships;
- Ability to follow person-centred plans and assist people to achieve their goals and outcomes;
- Proven administration and computer literacy skills;
- Previous experience with manual handling and medication administration or willingness to train in this area;
- Willingness to assist with personal care and domestic duties;
- Valid WA drivers licence and a willingness to use your private vehicle (aligned with Activ’s motor vehicle allowance rebate).
What we offer:
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Purchased Leave Options
- Discounted health insurance cover
We take a “person-centred” approach to recruitment by encouraging our customers to be involved in the hiring process. To apply, please select the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your resume and covering letter. We look forward to receiving your application.
To deliver the best service for our customers we strive toward a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we support. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Activ may remove advertising and/or commence the recruitment process prior to the application close date of 06 December 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend