Support Worker - Community & HACC services
Job no: 493562
Work type: Fixed Term - Part Time, Permanent Part Time
Location: East Metro, North Metro, North East Metro
Categories: Support Worker
- Upper North, North and East Metro work locations
- Fixed Term Part Time and Permanent Part Time lines available
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia registered under the NDIS. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. We are seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting our customers to achieve their goals. We want leading experts to use their skills to help enrich the lives of our customers and society as a whole.
About the job
The Accommodation and Community Services team supports people living with disability through accommodation and community engagement. We offer individualised and person-centred supports by working alongside our customers to support them to reach their full potential and make a difference to the lives of people living with disabilities. Our Customers are all very individual and have varying needs. You will need to be prepared to support customers with personal care, going to medical appointments, cleaning and any Community activities such as various sports, swimming, walking and shopping.
Work locations vary from outer northern suburbs of Perth, eastern suburbs and northern suburbs where our customers reside. We have a number of job opportunities and you are encouraged to apply.
Key duties include:
- Delivering a wide range of domestic supports such as personal care;
- Supporting customers to engage in community-based activities;
- Supporting person-centred plans
- Ensuring positive behaviour support plans are followed; and
- Administration duties and mandatory daily reports.
What you need?
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships;
- Ability to follow Person Centred plans and assist people to achieve their goals and outcomes;
- Previous experience with manual handling and medication administration highly desirable;
- Significant personal care and domestic duties experience;
- Proven administration and computer literacy skills;
- Working with Children card or the ability to obtain one if required;
- Valid WA drivers licence and willingness to use your private vehicle (aligned with Activ’s motor vehicle allowance rebate).
What we offer:
- Full induction with training options available
- Up to $16,000 per annum tax free
- Discounted health cover
To apply, please select the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your resume and covering letter. We look forward to receiving your application.
To deliver the best service for our customers we strive toward a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we support. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Activ may remove advertising and/or commence the recruitment process prior to the application close date of 23 September 2019
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend