General Hand - Labourer
Job no: 493554
Work type: Casual
Categories: Trades and Services
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Services we offer include accommodation, employment, training and education, short-term accommodation, and community. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. Today, we support over 2,000 individuals and their families across WA.
About the job
This is a casual position based in Busselton
As a general hand you will be involved in:
- Basic horticulture and nursery activities (general gardening, mowing, and tree pruning and planting)
- Maintenance of tools and equipment
What you will need
- Current Forklift license
- Current ‘LR/HR’ Class driver’s licence
- Horticulture or landscaping experience
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation of plant, tools and equipment used in horticultural services
- Certificate in horticulture highly regarded
What we offer
- $21.54 per hour + 25% casual loading
- Our size and pace of growth means more opportunities for development, earlier in your career
- Supported work life balance in a cohesive team environment
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a one way video interview, medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
The successful candidate will be required to attend training in Perth for 1 week.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend