Job no: 493543
Work type: Casual
Categories: Support Worker
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia registered under the NDIS. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. We are seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting our customers to achieve their goals.
About the job
The Accommodation and Community Services team in Albany supports people living with disability through accommodation and community engagement. We offer individualised and person-centred supports by working alongside our customers to support them to reach their full potential and make a difference to the lives of people living with disabilities.
We are looking for support workers on a casual basis with availability on weekdays and weekends between morning and evenings. Shifts will be confirmed in advance.
Key duties include:
- Deliver a wide range of domestic and community support
- Apply person-centred plans to meet a customer’s goals
- Apply positive behaviour support plans
- Customer administration duties and reporting
What you’ll need:
- Available on weekends AM and PM essential
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer serviced focused skills
- Current Class “ C or C-A” minimum WA driver’s license and own vehicle
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Current WWCC or ability to obtain one
- Experience in coaching and mentoring customers with life skills preferred
What we offer:
- Regular ongoing training
- An opportunity to help change the lives of others in the Albany community
- A fun and enthusiastic work environment
- Award rates casual loading and penalties
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
The successful candidate will be required to attend training in Perth for 1 week.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
Activ reserves the right to remove advertising and/or commence the selection process prior to the application close date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend