Job no: 493517
Work type: Casual
Categories: Support Worker
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Services we offer include accommodation, employment, training and education, short-term accommodation, and community. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. Today, we support over 2,000 individuals and their families across WA.
About the job
The Accommodation and Community Services team in Manjimup supports people living with disability through accommodation and community engagement. We offer individualised and person-centred supports by working alongside our customers to support them to reach their full potential and make a difference to the lives of people living with disabilities. We are now looking for a support worker to assist customers to meet their goals.
- Follow established care plans that involves medication administration, personal care, meal preparation, domestic cleaning and social support
- Updating customer notes, expenses and reporting
What you will need
- A full valid WA driver’s license
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and families
- Demonstrable basic computer literacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Access to a reliable, registered and insured vehicle
- If you have a Certificate III in individual support or equivalent qualification this is preferred
What we offer
- Regular ongoing training
- An opportunity to help change the lives of others in the Manjimup community
- A fun and enthusiastic work environment
- Award rates casual loading and penalties
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a one way video interview as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will be requested to attend orientation in Perth for one week.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
Activ reserves the right to remove advertising and/or commence the selection process prior to the application close date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend