Support Worker - Kellerberrin
Job no: 493464
Work type: Casual
Categories: Support Worker
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia registered under the NDIS. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. We are seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting our customers to achieve their goals. We want leading experts to use their skills to help enrich the lives of our customers and society as a whole.
About the Job
The Accommodation and Community Services team supports people living with disability through accommodation and community engagement. We offer individualised and person-centred supports by working alongside our customers to support them to reach their full potential and make a difference to the lives of people living with disabilities.
Key duties include:
- Delivering a wide range of domestic supports within a customer’s residence;
- Supporting person-centred plans that identify a customer’s life goals;
- Supporting customers to engage in community-based activities including dancing, dinner and swimming;
- Ensuring positive behaviour support plans are followed; and
- Administration duties and mandatory daily reports.
What you'll need:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships;
- Experience in supporting customers with behavioural support plans;
- Proven administration and computer literacy skills;
- Previous experience with manual handling and medication administration; and
- Significant personal care and domestic duties experience.
What we offer:
- Regular ongoing training
- An opportunity to help change the lives of others in the community
- A fun and enthusiastic work environment
- Award rates + salary packaging options
To apply, please select the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your resume and covering letter.
Activ may remove advertising and/or commence the recruitment process prior to the application close date of 30 August 2019.
To deliver the best service for our customers we strive toward a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we support. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend