Leading Hand - Landscape Maintenance
Job no: 493461
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Trades and Services
Activ is the largest disability support provider in Western Australia. We provide individualised services for people living with disability and their families. Services we offer include accommodation, employment, training and education, short-term accommodation, and community. Activ was founded in 1951 by a group of families who wanted more for their children who lived with disability and had become marginalised by society. Today, we support over 2,000 individuals and their families across WA.
About the job
This is a permanent full time position commencing immediately
The Property Care team operate a landscaping and landscape maintenance business which is contracted to commercial enterprises and various Government departments and provides meaningful work opportunities to people with disabilities. Activ Property Care provides a broad range of horticultural services throughout the Perth metropolitan and regional areas.
You will lead a team of our supported employees and invest in their development. This hands-on role will provide horticultural service including:
- Lawn mowing, whipper snipping, blowing, reticulation management, fertilising and weed control
- Conducting task analysis and observations to aid in the development of staff
- Maintaining records regarding work area and supported employee attendance/activities and machine maintenance
What you will need
- Experience in lawn management and/landscaping for business contracts
- •Ability to effectively manage time and resources to meet deadlines
- Ability to use computer applications and in particular the Microsoft Office suite
- Current WA driver’s license
- Demonstrated customer relationship building and management skills
- Cert III in Horticulture - desirable
What we offer you
- Shifts confirmed in advance
- On the job training and on call support
- $28.98 per hour base rate
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future. Activ is an equal opportunity employer
Activ reserves the right to remove advertising and/or commence the selection process prior to the application close date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend