Production Supervisor- Rockingham
Job no: 492322
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Lower South Metro
Categories: Manufacturing, Trades and Services, Operations Management
- Excellent salary packing options available
- Up to $16,000 salary tax free
- Join WA’s largest disability provider
Activ is a disability sector-leading, established organisation seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting people with disability to achieve their goals. We believe in the potential of the people that we support, their dreams, goals and aspirations.
Why you’ll choose this job
You will have previous experience working within a timber production environment. Working with a team of employees with disability you will display effective communication, leadership and interpersonal skills along with demonstrating experience in the safe operation of plant, tools and equipment.
Activ Business Services operates a production business which is contracted to Commercial Enterprises and various Government departments and provides meaningful work opportunities to people with disabilities. This role will see you working closely with people with disability, planning daily work allocations, identifying vocational training needs and implementing programs, undertaking daily reporting, task analysis and annual assessments.
You will ensure health and safety practices and quality outcomes are achieved at all times.
Key duties include:
- Leading, coaching and mentoring Supported Employees;
- Monitor materials required to meet contractual obligations and manage stock levels accordingly;
- Ensuring accurate records regarding machine maintenance and production values are kept up to date on a daily basis;
- Developing and maintaining a safe and tidy workplace, safe plant, equipment and systems of work.
What you’ll need?
- Experience working in a busy manufacturing environment - essential;
- A demonstrated commitment to safe OSH practises;
- Hand tool, assembly, packaging, processing and small machinery experience-essential;
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills;
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – specifically Word and Excel.
The successful candidate will take a hands-on approach to management. Trade Certificate in Manufacturing or related studies would be will be highly regarded. The successful candidate will have a valid WA C Class Drivers Licence, Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain one) and the ability to provide a National Police Clearance.
To apply, please select the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your resume and covering letter. We look forward to receiving your application.
To deliver the best service for our customers we strive toward a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we support. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Activ may remove advertising and/or commence the recruitment process prior to the application close date of 25th January 2019 Reference #492322
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend