Job no: 492319
Work type: Casual
Categories: Support Worker
Activ is a disability sector-leading, established organisation seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting people with disability to achieve their goals. We believe in the potential of the people that we support, their dreams, goals and aspirations.
About the job
The Accommodation and Community Services team in Albany supports people living with disability through accommodation and community engagement. We offer individualised and person-centred supports by working alongside our customers to support them to reach their full potential and make a difference to the lives of people living with disabilities.
This is an excellent opportunity on a casual basis if you are adaptable and flexible to be available for morning, afternoon and evening shifts including weekends.
Key duties include:
- Delivering a wide range of domestic supports within a customer residence;
- Supporting person-centred plans that identify a customer’s life goals;
- Ensuring positive behaviour support plans are followed;
- Administration duties, expense and mandatory reports.
What you’ll need?
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and families;
- Own vehicle
- Working with Children Check
- Current Class “ C” driver’s license
- Ability to follow Person Centred plans and assist people to achieve their goals and outcomes
- Proven administration and computer literacy skills specially in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated personal care and domestic duties experience
- Previous experience with manual handling and medication administration - desirable
- Certificate III in Disability – desirable
The ability to work autonomously, unsupervised and as part of a team is vital to your success in this role. You must be flexible with work arrangements as you will work across various locations and also be willing to obtain a WA National Police Clearance to be considered for this role.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend